Event Entry Waiver
Entry into and participation in any Sanitarium™ Weet-Bix™ Kids TRY CHALLENGE Event held between 1 November 2023 to 30 June 2024 (Event) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by entrants and their parent or guardian, including any information on how to enter and prizes.
Entry is open to New Zealand residents aged 5-15 years old. You are not eligible to enter if you are a member of the immediate family of an employee of the Promoter, or its related corporations or agencies (Eligible Entrant).
You must have your parent or guardian’s approval to enter. Your parent or guardian must have read and consented to these Terms and Conditions and may need to enter into an agreement to show their consent to you entering the Event, Promotion or accepting any Prize. Parents, if you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you agree you will not register your child to enter any Event.
Entry opens on 1 November 2023 and ends on 31 May 2024.
To enter the Event and be able to access the programme benefits, you must register to participate by visiting https://trychallenge.co.nz/ and following the prompts to enter your details and chose one of the following entry options:
- FREE ENTRY: This includes a downloadable certificate and access to any online resources; or
- $15 ENTRY WITH TRY CHALLENGE™ T-SHIRT AND MEDAL PACK: This includes a series t-shirt, champions medal, downloadable certificate and access to online resources. The cost is NZD$15 plus packing and courier per individual entrant.
Only one entry is permitted per person.
If you wish to withdraw from an Event, you must inform the Sanitarium™ Weet-Bix™ Kids TRY CHALLENGE™ Customer Services Team via email on TRYathlon@sanitarium.co.nz. Withdrawals after the relevant entry closing date listed above will not be entitled to a refund.
In consideration for allowing my child to participate in the Event, I acknowledge that (both on my own behalf and on behalf of the child participating in the Event) that my child will participate in the Event on these Terms and Conditions and I represent, warrant, acknowledge and accept:
- Authority: I am a parent or legal guardian of my child have the authority to bind myself and my child to these Terms and Conditions;
- Age: my child will be between the ages of 5 and 15 years (as at the date of the relevant Event);
- Supervision: I will provide safety precautions and appropriate and adequate supervision of my child while they participate in the Event;
- Rules: I will ensure my child obeys and accepts the Event rules and any other instructions issued by the Promotor or its contractors and agents in relation to the Event;
- Risks: I freely and voluntarily assume all risks associated with my child participating in the Event and acknowledge that my child’s participation is entirely at their, and my, own risk and that I may withdraw my child from the Event at any time;
- Fitness: my child is physically and medically fit to participate in the Event and I am not aware of any condition, impairment, disease, illness or other reason why my child should not participate in the Event;
- COVID: in participating in the Event I agree that my Child and I will act responsibly and adhere to all New Zealand laws including COVID-19 rules and restrictions (where applicable);
- Injuries: the Promoter shall not be held liable for any injuries suffered by my child in participating the Event;
- Reputation: I will ensure my child and myself do not do anything which may adversely affect, prejudice or bring into disrepute the reputation of the Promoter or the Event;
- Cancellations: While the Promoter will use all reasonable efforts to ensure the Event is conducted as advertised, I acknowledge that by reason of circumstances beyond the control of the event organisers, it may become necessary or desirable to change the form of the event and if that occurs, I consent to the changes and I agree that each and every one of the conditions set out herein shall apply to that changed event.
- Refunds: my Child’s participation in the Event is at the sole discretion of the Promoter and accept that Promoter may cancel or postpone the Event. If the event is cancelled by the Promoter for any reason, I understand that I will not be refunded the costs associated with entry or any TRY CHALLENGE™ t-shirt & medal packs already couriered, however, if the TRY CHALLENGE™ t-shirt & medal pack has not been packed for then I will be entitled to a full refund;
- Indemnity: To the fullest extent permitted by law, I indemnify and will keep indemnified the Promoter and each of their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, promoters, independent contractors and agents (Sanitarium Parties) against all costs, losses or damages however caused, arising from or in relation to my Child’s participation in the Event;
- Information: as part of the registration process I will need to provide my email, address and telephone number; and
- Documentation: I will enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to my child, being a minor, participating in the Event;
Unless I expressly inform the Promotor in writing otherwise (with the Promoter’s express acknowledgement of receipt), I consent to:
- Recordings: the recording of my and my child’s likeness and/or voice by any means including but not limited to audio and visual recordings by television cameras and photographers engaged by the Promoter and including those photographs and/or videos shared by me or my child on the Event Facebook page and including (together Images);
- Information: the Promoter collecting and using my Child’s personal details including first name,
- Images: use of the Images by the Promoter or their commercial partners before, during or after the Event, for promotional, marketing, broadcasting, reporting or surveying purposes in any media worldwide, including but not limited to, for the purpose of promoting the Promoter’s current and future events held in Australia and New Zealand without compensation to me or any person (including, recording my Child’s participation in the Event and using the Images at the venue and on vision screens); and
- Marketing: from time to time the Promoter contacting me to provide information about other products and services offered by the Promoter, or other service providers who have a relationship with the Promoter, that the Promoter considers may be of interest to my child or me be via mail, phone, email and/or SMS.
To opt out of direct marketing from the Promoter, or to advise the Promoter that you do not consent to the use of personal details, images and photographs in the manner described above, contact the Promoter on +64 9 625 0700, by email TRYathlon@sanitairum.co.nz or post to Private Bag 9212, Victoria Street Wets, Auckland 1142, New Zealand.
The Promotor is making monthly prizes available to those who share their participation in any Event (Promotion).
To enter, you must:
- Step 1 – Record it: Take video and or/photos of their child training for the TRYathlon or TRY CHALLENGE. Individuals submitting videos and/or photos of a child that is not their own must have permission of the child’s parent or guardian to enter them in the Event, and for the video and/or photos to be used in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; and
- Step 2 – Share it: Post your video and/or photos on your own/schools Facebook or Instagram account (Please note, post settings must be public in order to see the Entry); and
- Step 3 – Encourage others: Nominate three (3) friends or schools who should complete their very own TRY training by tagging them in your post; and
- Step 4 – Tell us: Tag Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon New Zealand Facebook page @tryathlon or our Instagram @kiwikidstry in your post and use the hashtag #KiwiKidsTRY
There are 19 prizes comprised of:
- $160 ASICs Footwear vouchers (2 to be won);
- Garmin Vivofit Junior watches (2 to be won);
- One-month’s supply of Anchor milk provided by way of a $50 prezzy card (3 to be won);
- $50 Rebel Sport vouchers (3 to be won);
- $50 Pierre’s Sushi vouchers (3 to be won);
- Stat Attack tins + full card set (6 to be won). One (1) Weet-Bix™ Stat Attack Card Set being a set of cards including all legends cards, but not including the Dan Carter gold card. (Prizes)
The total prize pool value is up to NZD[$1,300]. The Promoter may provide an alternative prize of equal value in the event that all or part of a prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control. Prizes, or any unused portion of any Prize, are not transferable, exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash unless otherwise specified.
- Winner selection
Monthly winners will be selected at 1pm on Wednesday 1st November, Friday 1st December, Monday 8th January, Thursday 1st March, Monday 1st April, Wednesday 1st May, Monday 3rd June and Monday 1st July at 124 Pah Road, Royal Oak, Auckland by a member of the Weet-Bix Marketing Team. This is a game of skill and the most creative Entry each week will win.
- Winner notification
Winners will be notified on or before two business days from the date of winner selection. Winners must confirm their acceptance of the Prize event within 48 hours of being notified. Failure to confirm attendance will result in the Winner forfeiting their place and a new winner will be chosen.
- Unclaimed Prizes
If a winner does not take or claim a Prize (for any reason such as providing an incorrect email or address or not confirming their attendance) then the Prize will be forfeited. If any Prize that remains unallocated or unclaimed at 3pm on the Monday following the prize draw, judging for the unallocated and/or unclaimed Prizes will take place, drawing from all non-winning entries at 3pm on the Tuesday following the prize draw.
- Cost of Entry in the Promotion
You are responsible for any costs associated with entering the Promotion including associated with accessing the internet. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems with communications networks and use of mechanical or electronic tools that allow for repeated entries is not permitted.
- Receipt of Entries in the Promotion
Neither the Promoter nor any other entity associated with this promotion will be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or incorrectly submitted entries. Entries are deemed to be submitted at the time of receipt by the Promoter or its agents.
The Promoter reserves the right to disallow entries in its absolute discretion; verify the validity of entries and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where dishonest or misleading details have been given, or an entrant has behaved in a dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Promotion.
The Promoter reserves the right to:
- disallow entries in its absolute discretion;
- verify the validity of entries and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to allow Event participation or award a Prize where dishonest or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Promotion;
- to terminate this Promotion or amend any aspect of any Event or this Promotion (including any Prize) without notice at any time in its sole discretion in the event that the Event or Promotion or any aspect of the Event or Promotion cannot be reasonably conducted as planned; and
- enforce any of its rights at any stage and failure to do so does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is or may be suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss and in relation to any warranty or guarantee) or for personal injury which is or may be suffered or sustained, in connection with participation in the Event, Promotion or accepting any Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. This includes but is not limited to any tax liability or tax implications. In relation to any liability that cannot be excluded, the Promoter and its related bodies corporate, agents and contractors’ liability will be limited to a refund of any registration feed paid to the Promotor in connection with entry into any relevant Event.
Nothing in this Terms and Conditions exclude, limit or modify the application of the New Zealand Consumer Law or any other applicable laws, or the exercise of any rights or remedies conferred by the New Zealand Consumer Law or other applicable laws where to do so would contravene the New Zealand Consumer Law or other applicable laws.
RACE ROSTER OCEANIA PTY LTD’s address is; 132 Cremorne St, Cremorne VIC 3121. Phone: AUS 1800 734 669 // NZ 0800 734 669
A request to access, update or correct any information should otherwise be directed to the Promoter at their address below.
The promoter is NEW ZEALAND HEALTH ASSOCIATION LIMITED trading as the Sanitarium Health Food Company, 124 Pah Road, Royal Oak, Auckland, New Zealand 1023 (Promoter). The Promoter can be contacted at: 0800 100 257. All decisions of the Promoter are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.